|Posted by Danny Nutt on February 10, 2017 at 4:45 AM|
Happy half term!
Stuck in London? Suddenly at a loss for ideas with the kids in without breaking the bank? Well help is at hand...Here's our top 5 list of low cost fun in London over the next 7 days...
1) Go to the Imagine Festival at the Southbank Centre. Lots of briliant actvities including meeting your favourite children's authors, taking part in creative workshops and seeing some fantastic performaces- https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/festivals-series/imagine-childrens-festival
2) Visit the Horniman Museum. Entry is free to the main museum and there's lots of fun things to check out. They have their own mini farm on the grounds, there's a huge room dedicated to musical instruments, plus there's lots of fun creaive actvities planned over half term- http://www.horniman.ac.uk
3) Take a long walk through Hyde Park and explore. One of London's biggest open green areas has so much to offer. You can hire a boat on the lake, visit the Serpentone Gallery, go for a swim at the outdoor pool or visit the briliant Diana Mermorial Playground in Kensington Gardens and release your inner pirate on the huge pirate ship
4) Go to Tate Modern and take part in a free art, theatre and puppetry workshop- http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/workshop/tate-exchange/art-and-theatre-inside-suitcases
5) Explore nature at Kew Gadrens. Take a stroll by the Thames to get there, check out the cactai in the greenhouses, take a tree top walk or have fun in the amazing adventure playground. Plus it's cheaper if you pre-book online- http://www.kew.org
Whatever you end up doing, have a wonderful half term with your family