|Posted by Danny Nutt on June 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM|
Wowsers, it's apparently 32 degrees celsius in London today and I'm sure no one will deny: that is VERY hot. And despite a lot of poeple, kids and adults alike, loving the heat, it's usualy when we're on a beach or by an outdoor pool- not at work or school.
So how can we cool down AND, perhaps, have fun at the same time? Well, here's our top 5 tips to help you...
1) Have a cup of tea in the shade. Yes, believe it or not, a hot mug of tea will cool you down. It will create fresh sweat that will cool your skin down.
2) Buy a paddling pool and fill it wilth cold water. A timeless classic summer activity. Or, head to an outdoor fixed one in your local park.
3) Go to your local hardware store and buy a desk fan. Gauranteed to cool you down. Also, to add fun, get your kids to make paper aeroplanes and watch them fly off when you hold them in front of it!
4) Make sure you have LOTS of ice. Use it for a drink- alcoholic or soft for the kids. Plus, rubbing an ice cube on your temples or wrists will help you reduce your body temperature too.
5) Have a water fight! Kind of an extension of No. 2 but you can use water pistols, watering cans, even plastic bowls! Lots of fun of be had with this one.
We hope these tips will help you keep cool in the heat!